We recommend downloading the PDF reference material before starting the “Dream Interpretation Worksheet” below
- Become a “Knower” of God’s Word and recognize it’s His desire for you to know His voice and to communicate with Him.
- Journal your dreams: Dan 7:1 “In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream and vision of his head upon his bed then he wrote the dream and told the sum of the matters.”
- Record your emotions – you connect with your heart through emotions.
- Date the dream – a timeline will emerge as you watch your spiritual growth develop.
- Ask God for interpretation “Lord what are you saying?” Daniel. 7:15, 16 “I, Daniel, was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me, I came near unto one of them that stood by and asked him the truth of all this, so he told me and made me know the interpretation of the things.”
- Seek for revelation. Daniel. 8:15 “And it came to pass when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision and sought for the meaning, then behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.”
The primary obstacle most dreamers must overcome to be able to understand their dreams is symbolism. The following topics will help you to decode the message that God has specially designed for you.
COLOR – this resource will help you understand that colors are symbolic, supplying additional information about the objects that are colored. For example, if you previously owned a blue car of a certain model and you dream of owning and driving that same car, God is probably talking about your past. The blue car represents an earlier period of your life. Back to Form
INTERPRETING SYMBOLS – this resource will help you discern when a dream is symbolic and when it is literal. If there is something in a dream that is not literal, however, then the entire dream should be interpreted as if the objects and sometimes even the people it contains are symbols. Back to Form
INTERPRETING DREAMS – Quick dream interpretations should be avoided. Even Daniel mulled over Nebuchadnezzar’s dream for an hour before he ventured an interpretation, and he knew the king’s lifestyle well. (see Daniel 4:18-19). This resource will take you step by step through symbols, emotions and color to prevent the interpretation process from jumping to conclusions. Back to Form
ADVANCED STEPS TO DREAM INTERPRETATION – this resource is for advanced dreamers. Many dreams are misinterpreted because the Dreamer or the Interpreter assumes the dream is about the characters in the dream when in fact, the dream could be about the Dreamer. Prophetic dreams are experienced solely by Christians. To correctly interpret, there are three steps: First, identify the orientation, is it past, present or future? Secondly, is it a healing dream, internal/prophetic or just soulish? Here are some hints on which category the dream falls into Internal/Prophetic, Healing or Soulish?